Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Poop Happens

**Attention to my weak-stomached readers: the blue paragraph really is about poop!

First of all... the good news! After 3 days of watching Leah miserably try to exist and not poop...last night she did it! She finally pooped in the potty. I will spare you the details... but let's just say it would rival most! I know some of you are probably disgusted that I am writing about this, but it has been a real ordeal. Here's what happens: Leah doesn't want to poop because she is afraid it will hurt. She holds it for as long as possible and then it does start to hurt so she won't poop. She then gets little drops of poop in her bottom, panties, or pull-up making her bottom sore from me wiping it out all of the time. BUT finally, last night it happened! I am hoping we can sit down sometime again today and try to poop again without freaking her out. We've tried the extra juice, raisins, etc and one time even gave her a bit of her baby laxative, but any more suggestions would be good.

Ok, enough poop. We've had a busy week since the last time I wrote. We took some pictures in a REALLY small patch of bluebonnets. They turned out pretty cute. I will post pics as soon as Eric brings the camera home from school. We also had Bailee's birthday party. It was a cooking party where they made aprons, decorated cakes, and made their own English muffin pizzas. We even had a cookie cake (that I MADE!) that looked like a pepperoni pizza. It was a really cute party and I really like Bailee's friends. My parents and my brother's family were able to come to so it was nice to see them. The High School bands went to UIL contest and got sweepstakes. Eric's band played really well and I was pretty darn proud of that clarinet section! They had some tough stuff and did awesome. I didnt hear the other band, but I am sure they were terrific. The weather here has been beautiful. We even have had some mornings where we wake up to 38 degree weather. We have had several meals outside and are even planning to cook hamburgers out tonight and eating outside. I know the hot Texas weather will come soon, so we are soaking in this beautiful, low humidity stuff while we can. Let's see... do I have anything else to ramble about? Umm... it really does seem like there was something else. Oh! Leah had her musical for school: "Take a Ride on A Silly Train". It was really cute. Leah sang most of the time and had a blast. The other kids did a terrific job too. I am thankful for the teachers who taught 2 and 3 year olds and first graders how to get on stage and shine. I know it was nerve wracking for them and I know that some kids were scared or didn't sing or whatever, but it is so cool that at such a young age, those kids had a chance to feel special and perform. Leah was grinning from ear to ear when we picked her up after the show. I will have a dvd if anyone wants to see it! :)

Ok, that was one long blog. If you are still reading, you are a patient soul! Pictures coming soon.

Hope you are well,
K

1 comment:

Aleesa said...

poor baby. Just so you know, Matt is digging through my clean laundry basket. He is putting all of my undies around his neck. proud moment. we need to chat, I feel like i haven't talked to you in ages.