Wednesday, April 9, 2008

For Bailee





Well, this past Sunday, Bailee turned 7! I don't know who felt older... her or me!! We had a really good weekend.

On Friday, we went to Mamas in Pajamas for her Girl Scout troop. We had a really good time and we won the Mother/Daughter Talent show along with her friend Mary Caroline and her mom, Jill. It was very cute to watch the girls go and accept their High School Musical Necklaces. On Saturday, the girls hung out with Daddy (who had been gone since Wednesday judging) and I went to go see Seussical Jr. It was an AMAZING production put on on by the Broadway Kids.

Sunday was Bailee's BIG DAY! She got homemade biscuit donuts for breakfast and Chicken Tenders for lunch. She chose to go out to a friend's ranch and feed cows for her birthday! It was a very fun family day and the weather was unreal. We saw cows (of course!), deer, a blue heron, some fish, and some wild boar!! Bailee hand-fed a big ol' cow named Taffy, but Leah was much happier just sitting on her dad's shoulders. We came home and had spaghetti and birthday cake and opened a few gifts. It was really nice. I can't believe the little 5 pound ball that I brought home from the hospital is seven years old. She is a kind, sweet girl and I am proud of her. Yes, she does have her moments. (Hair brushing is no fun!) BUT, I am so proud of that little girl. I am not sure what she will be when she grows up or what things are in store, but she is turning out to be a caring, insightful young person!

Enjoy the pics. Some are of birthday time, and there is one of a younger Bailee!

Hope all is well... more soon.
K

1 comment:

Aleesa said...

Bailee has the most beautiful smile!! I am getting teary eyed every time I think about "leaving" my girls.