Thursday, March 20, 2008

IT





I like to think of myself as a pretty reasonable, level-headed person. I stay pretty calm... I don't rattle easily, but every once in a while, IT hits me. What is "IT"... you ask. Well, it kind of depends, but it's that feeling where you are not exactly sure if you are breathing because you get so overwhelmed with something and you have to talk to yourself to make sure you are still here. (Does that make sense?) Sometimes the "it" is a bad thing... missing a loved one, being overwhelmed with stuff, etc. The good "its" are so much cooler and that is what happened today. I was sitting there eating a salad and watching tv when IT hit me. All of a sudden I felt such love for my kids that it brought tears to my eyes. I wasn't looking at them and I wasn't really thinking of them when IT hit me... and IT hit hard. I just let the thoughts fill me for a minute... I could hear Bailee laughing and picture her beautiful smile. I could feel Leah wrap her arms around my neck and put her sleepy head on my shoulder. IT was amazing. No, I am not strangely hormonal right now... not pregnant! I hope you all get to feel the good ITS in your life. (I also hope you don't think I am psycho.)

Things are good. Here is an explanation of the pics:
1. Leah loves to dress up and have big adventures with the 2 liter coke bottles. In this pic, she is taking them all for a ride on a school bus. She also reads to them, feeds them, and takes care of them. (yes she has toys)
2. Cowgirl Bailee at the Children's Museum in Montrose.
3. Glenwood Springs from the top of the mountain.
4. The kids watching movies in the car.
Hope you are well.
K

2 comments:

Aleesa said...

I definitey have the "It"s right now and for the next couple of months. Cut pics. Your girls are such divas!

Bethis said...

I can't wait to have those kinds of "IT" moments. With great girls like yours, I can totally understand why you would have that moment! Give them big hugs for me Love you