Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kitchen Renovation #1


So Bailees and Leah went to the Power Lab which is the Methodist VBS. They both loved it. It gave me the opportunity to revamp my kitchen a little. By a little I mean that we got rid of the three layers of strawberry wallpaper that was on my walls, retextured above our paneling and painted it baize green. Our next plans include painting the paneling with a fresh coat of cream color and Eric is making the chair rail wider and the window seat bigger. That will be week 2 of our renovation. This is what we have so far. I will try to get a brighter picture later so that you can see the green better. Oh, I even painted the ceiling! (good bye nasty brown spot) Thank you Shelby, Aaron and Eric!

Let's see... I've stayed away about as long as I can stay, so next week we are going to nutria ville to visit Aleesa and clan. I am excited to see them.

Oh, and hi NANNY PATTI! I am glad to have a faithful 6th reader. For those of you who may know, Nanny is a dear friend and the wonderful soul who loved my Bailee so that I could teach lessons when she was little.

Ok, that's it for now. Leah's foot ended up being a deep bruise, so she is getting around really well. After a few days of limping, she is back to her running self. Bailee is great too. She has a front tooth missing. I will try to post pics of that soon.

Hope you are well.
K

3 comments:

Aleesa said...

I can't wait until you guys are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we will make gumbo :) The kitchen is looking great!!

Anonymous said...

Hello from San Antonio. We live near Seaworld, so stop by sometime and we'll all go there! Wow! Your kitchen does look great! Hey Aleesa!! I know you are excited about camping with the Rettigs! I know you are MISSED in Brenham. I'm coming to Brenham next to work...how about a little visit?

Shelby said...

i miss your face. come home soon.