Sunday, June 22, 2008

food

We just got back from our mini-vacation to Houston to see my brother and family and to baytown to see the lewis clan. we had a great time, and as usual had a lot of good food! While in Houston, we ate from Double Dave's, Hasta La Pasta, Lenny's Sandwiches, and Chuy's. We spent a lot of time hanging out with Jim, Jenny, Emily, and Elliot. My parents were in Branson, so we will have to see them soon.

I will now concentrate on Baytown. The Lewis house is really nice and already has some really nice Lewis touches! The men spent the day building a playset in the backyard. Aleesa has a really nice new kitchen and appliances... and an island! :) Since most of you know her as a real foodie, I would be remiss if I did not mention all of the food we ate.
We did go to Double Daves Pizza and I laughed because Aleesa would get some pizza or pizza rolls, take a bite or 2 and pass it on to Richard. She must have tried a dozen kinds of pizza that way! LOL. We went to a place called Al T's for dinner and ate more food then anyone shoulduever consume. Eric's plate alone would have fed ys all... with 3 kinds of gumbo, alligator, oysters, shrimp, onion rings, fish... I am forgetting some stuff! It was really fun, and when you go to see the Lewis's you should visit that restaurant! The next morning, Aleesa and Bailee made biscuit donuts, and Aleesa fried BACON and made a Paula Deen upside down apple pancake. We snacked on her organic peanut butter and pretzel bites, and for lunch we had beet chips and sandwiches with 2 kinds of cheese, lunch meat, veggies, avacado, and greens! Aleesa and I went to a really cool bakery and had iced coffee and pastries. I had the mocha cheesecake covered in chocolate. We then went to Hobby Lobby and had a great time waiting for a storm to blow over. Aleesa then made spaghetti and salad and I imagine they are still picking up the noodles off the floor and table from the kids! If you want to see pics, you should check out her blog, and if you need the website, let me know! Overall, we had a terrific time.

Wow, I was long winded today! Hope you are well.
K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon Appetit! I can relate!

Aleesa said...

We had such a great time!!