Friday, May 2, 2008

Let this be a warning to ya

Before the warning part, I just wanted to announce that our mom-in-residence had her babies. They will probably leave the nest really soon, but here is a pic. I tried to get close, but you never want to make a mama mad.

Here is the warning...
Don't ever put your groceries on top of your stove. I bought some groceries today and decided to set them on our stove top to put them away. It was a bag with some pork chops, sausage, and fajita meat. I went outside to get more stuff and when I came back in the whole kitchen was filled with smoke! When I set them down, I must of turned the burner on. Yeah.... not good. I am SO glad that I came back in the house. I am sure Leah was big-eyed as I moved her outof the way and turned off the stove. Here is a list of the damages:
1. One of the porkchops got partially cooked and it burned through the bag and the stryfoam.
2. A chunk of the fajita meat got singed and the plastic burned off of that part.
3. The sausage has a black mark on it.
4. A bag of tortillas that was next to the stove top has a melted crease in it.
5. The house probably has toxins in the air from the plastic and styrofoam burning.
6. There is a strange haze in my kitchen and living room.

I hesitated to even write about this... I mean what a dork to light my groceries on fire! After a chat with Aleesa, she said I had to share. It really was very funny once I realized that my house was still in one piece.

Hope you are well,
K

2 comments:

Aleesa said...

OK. I can't help but laugh again. Don't feel too bad, I caught my oven mit on fire last week. We are quite a pair.

All I can say is praise the Lord you came back in and sprung into action.

Go firefighter Karla!!!!

Jana said...

I am glad that you shared... I have always had that thought when I am bringing in the groceries, but sometimes you just need the space! Glad that everything is ok.