Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day



I know I am behind.. I promise to try and put Halloween pics up soon, but I just got back from Bailee's Veterans Day program so that is what's on my mind.

You know, it doesn't really matter what you believe about war... the fact is this: we are lucky that people care enough about this country and the people in it to keep us safe. The end.

My parents came today since Bailee was in the program at her school. The veterans all stood and introduced themselves and so PawPaw stood up so that was neat. Bailee got to help pass out stickers to thank the Veterans. They also sang some really neat songs. What is it about a bunch of gap-toothed kids singing about loving America that is so cool? The 2nd grade boy scouts presented the colors and that was awesome too. I asked Bailee what a veteran was just now and she said "someone who served our country". I said "how?" She thought for a while and said "They just did... lots of ways... so our lives can be perfect." I think she might kind of get it.

Have a great Veterans Day. We sure did.
Hope you are well.
K

No comments: