Monday, November 24, 2008

butter!

I don't usually post 2 in one day, but... I forgot this funny little story.

I went to go eat Thanksgiving lunch with Bailee at her school. It is a big deal there... tons of food... cafeteria workers dress as Pilgrims, etc. It is also a big deal when your mom or dad come to eat lunch with you. You get to sit at the end of the table! Well, I ended up eating with Bailee and 6 or so of her little friends. They were VERY cute. I got the "grown up tray" which is a ton of food and I sat next to Bailee to eat. Here is the conversation that happened as I open the butter to put on my roll:

Bailee: Momma!! What is THAT????? (pointing to my butter tub)
Me: It's just some butter for my roll.
Bailee: YOU GUYS YOU GUYS! THE GROWN UPS GET BUTTER FOR THEIR ROLLS THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!!!!!
Various Students: Butter? WOW! That is AWESOME! I can't believe you get butter.
(I then pick up Bailee's roll and put a little butter on her roll.)
Bailee: Oh Momma! Thank you so much for the butter! You are the best!!! Hey look, you guys! My mom shared the butter with me! ISn't she so cool??
Various kids: Wow Bailee you are soooo lucky! I can't believe you get butter today. Your mom is awesome! I wish my mom gave me butter when she came to see me!! Do you think the teachers get butter?? Man, that is cool!!

LOL

No comments: