Tuesday, January 20, 2009

jumping back in

Well, I guess when you haven't blogged in as long as I have blogged, you just jump back in the pool... so here I go.

Things here have been speedy busy but really good. CHristmas with family was amazing and we loved spending time with everyone. Now, school is back in full swing and we are going again. Bailee is doing great... she made a 98 on her national theory test for piano so we were really proud of her. She is on a "good streak" right now of getting plenty of sleep and is pretty darn cute. Leah is good. Dance is going well. She is "getting close to a big girl cartwheel". Really, things are just truckin' along. We had a great time spending the night in the hotel in Houston when Eric had region band. Dora Saved the Snow Princess, long baths, big desserts, a great Burger King Play land, and a very good free breakfast were all involved.

I have been watching the inaguration today. (Leah and I had a mommy day) Leah has enjoyed watching Obama... who she thinks will be a good president and will take baths in the White House every day. She is also relieved that his family will get to sleep in that big house too! Really, it is a great day. I know some of you do not believe that politically this is the best change, but it is so amazing to see young people invest in something and be proud to be a part of history. I have a former student at the inaguration that called me during the ceremony. He is a Republican and will be president one day. He was so excited and I can't tell you how much it meant to me that he shared just a few minutes of his day with me. The excitement in his voice and in the crowd that surrounded him was like no other!

Hope you are well... glad to be back!
karla

3 comments:

Aleesa said...

YOU ARE BACK!!!! Hooray! Glad you guys had a good day too. We have been watching all day as well. Matt, of course, has made his interesting comments :) My favorite part was when he stood up for VP Biden's oath becuase the guy asked everyone to stand.

Jana said...

glad you are back. we watched too and i liked the pageantry of it all...

Anonymous said...

We watched it at school too and all the kids wanted to stand. Ha.