Monday, September 15, 2008

hey






Has it really been so long since I have blogged? Wow, time does fly. Well, as you can see by the pics, the cub football season is well underway. These are pictures from our first game. Bailee and Leah are quite the cheerleaders... and Bailee can do it with all of those teeth missing too! I do not have any pics of Eric's flat top on my camera, but I do on my email and I will try to figure out how to get those on here... someday. We've been a bit busy!

Our most recent excitement was Hurricane Ike which luckily spared us in Brenham (although it looked like we could get it for a while). We got some rain and wind and lost power for 5-6 hours on Saturday. We cleaned up the branches and stuff and are very fortunate. My parents and brother/family are still with out power and looks like it could be a while. My parents just came to Brenham to get gas for the generator because everything around them is either closed or crazy. Our sweet friends the Lewis clan have not returned to their home from her mom's house yet. Their school district is "closed until further notice". I know they are anxious to get power up and running and back home to clean up debris. They hear there is no water in the house but fences and stuff down. We also have some "evacuees" here. My college friend Pam and her husband are riding out their no electricity days here in B-town. We have loved having them. They are still showing news of the storm 24 hours a day here and the disaster this hurricane has left behind is scary. Please keep these people in your thoughts.

Well, I am off to teach my first kindergarten/1st grade music class. We will be singing favorites like "one little owl" and "ridin' in the car".

Hope you are well
K

1 comment:

vabaker1 said...

We never lost power at my mom and dad's house. We lost cable for about 1 hour and then it came back on. My aunt and uncle and sarah and nate all came to stay. Sarah went back to Huntsville even though they have to power. I am headed back to Houston because Jason tells me we have water now, we always had power. Our apt's celing is leaking but only in the second bedroom and bathroom. School is closed until Thursday. Glad you guys are safe!