Tuesday, July 15, 2008

we are back!






Well, yesterday we got back from our fabulous summer vacation! I am sure I will write more about it later, but here are the highlights:
  • Camping in Caprock canyon and staying up for an amazing thunderstorm
  • Going on a 3 1/2 mile hike with our kids at Lathrop state park in Colorado-- yes they walked it all... except for about 1/2 a mile when Leah was on Daddy's shoulders
  • Huge pancakes for breakfast and s'mores for dessert!
  • Bailee getting 5 1/2 inches cut from her hair
  • Spending time camping on "the land"-- I think there were 17 family members total!
  • Going to Montrose to hang out and take showers!
  • Camping at Taylor Lake where the low at night was 32.
  • Going out on a boat with the Sebastian kids
  • Spending a lot of time in the car
  • Swimming at an RV park in Goodlett, Texas
  • Playing in the Arkansas River
  • Playing a a COLD water park in Walsenburg, Colorado
  • Watching the guys build steps for our deck on "the land"
There were so many other things and I enjoyed it all. It was good to get back home too! Today starts the process of getting my life back in order. The vacation was so much fun. I will post more later, but here are a few pics. Let me know what you think!
Hope you are well.
K

5 comments:

vabaker1 said...

That picture of Leah is hilarious!! It looks like you had a great time.

Aleesa said...

I am soooo glad you guys are back. I wish we could of camped at Taylor Lake with ya'll. Did you guys fish? Dis Earl hide anyone's catch again?

The Lewis' miss the Reggigs

Shelby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelby said...

I am jealous of your outdoorsiness. I would have complained for 3 miles of a 3 1/2 mile hike. Glad you're back, but... i didn't miss you or anything!


... i accidentally deleted my other comment that said the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Wow Karla! Looks like you had a fabulous time!! It is so wonderful that you are making memories with your girls! Love you!